It’s Not Easy Being Green
Hannover Re is celebrating Earth Day by scaling back its investments in coal based risks and tightening its underwriting for reinsuring the risks. XL Insurance, Allianz, Munich Re and Swiss Re have already limited or significantly tightened their investment and exposure to coal risk as well.
Related to these types of steps, a recent study of insurance executives by the Geneva Association outlines the ways that the “insurance industry is a critical part of the [climate change] solution.”
Below you’ll find a list of resources in our collection and rounded up from the web on climate change, green initiatives and the environment and insurance:
- Will Climate Change Ever Impact Reinsurance Rates? by Key Coleman, Risk Management, 66 no.3 (April, 2019): 6, 8-9
- Taking Action on Climate Change, by Neil Hodge, Risk Management, 66 no.2 (April, 2019): 18-23
- Shaping the Loss Control Response to Climate Change Impacts, The Standard, 283 no.12 (December 21, 2018): 20-22
- California Commissioner: Climate-Related Events Could Have ‘Grave-Implications’, by Thomas Harman BestWeek Global Edition, 2 no.49 (January 8, 2007): 3-4
- Climate Counts, by Joseph S. Harrington Insights, 5 no.4 (Winter 2018): 22-27
- Going Green: Sustainability Efforts Are Increasingly Important Recruiting Tools, Even if Companies Are Just Getting Started, by Julie A. Vincent IN Magazine, 104 no.3 (Fall 2017): 24-25
- Green Up Your Agency by Marjorie Monin Dombrowski Independent Agent (November 2016)
- Portsmouth Atlantic Insurance Makes Sustainability Part of Doing Business, The Standard 279 no.5 (September 2, 2016): 22
- Managing Insurance Under Crisis: The Deepwater Horizon Incident, The Standard, 284 no.8 (April 19, 2019): 1, 14, 16-17, 20
- Petroleum and Public Safety: Risk Management in the Gulf South 1901-2015, by James B. McSwain, (2018) Baton Rouge, LA: Louisiana State University Press
- Environmental Liability and Insurance Recovery, David L. Guevara, PhD and Frank J. Deveau, (2012) Chicago, IL: ABA Publishing
Follow us on LinkedIn to have information like this delivered straight to your feed.