Mentoring Millennials & Engaging Employees
A hot topic in our industry is the graying of our workforce. Because of the millennial’s growing influence, Vertafore does an annual survey on Millennials in Insurance to “take a pulse of the industry from the millennial perspective.” A recent Rough Notes Article suggests that we must “tell a more compelling story about our industry.” This week our featured resources focus on careers in insurance, recruiting new talent and the importance of mentors.
With that in mind, we encourage each of you to think about a potential mentee you could introduce to fellow insurance colleagues at one of The Insurance Library’s upcoming events, either this week’s Meet & Greet, or the Book Launch we’re hosting two weeks from today.
- Mentoring: A Win-Win Opportunity by Brett Clausen Insights, 5, no. 4 (Winter 2018): 54-55
- Adoption: An Unconventional Approach to a Traditional Career by Edward G. Deutschlander, CLU, CLF, LIMRA MarketFacts, no.4 (2018): 66-70
- 2019 Executives to Watch by Dan Reynolds, Risk & Insurance, 29 no.12 (December 2018): 20-24
- AIG Chief Executive Duperreault: Manage Diversity or be Left Behind (or access the online video) by Lee McDonald, BestWeek Global Edition, 3 no.10 (March 11, 2019): 3-4
- Insurance Execs Discuss How Young Professionals Can Find Meaning in Their Work, The Standard, 284, no. 2 January 25, 2019): 1,24
- So You Want to Recruit Millennials: Forward-Thinking Agencies Must Ask Themselves Three Crucial Questions by Kristin Nease, National Underwriter Property & Casualty, 123 no. 1 (January 2019): 16
- Winning the Race for Talent — Part One: What You Need to do Now to Attract and Keep Quality People by Kimberly Paterson, CEC, Rough Notes, 162 no.1 (January 2019): 84-85, 88
- Winning the Race for Talent — Part Two: What You Need to do Now to Attract and Keep Quality People by Kimberly Paterson,CEC, Rough Notes, 162 no.3 (March 2019): 42, 44
- Majority of P-C Carriers Plan to Increase Staff in Next 12 Months, The Standard, 284 no.5 (March 8, 2019): 1, 10, 12
Finally, we’d be remiss if we didn’t mention the book: Insuring Tomorrow: Engaging Millennials in the Insurance Industry by Tony Cañas and Carly Burnham.
Contact us for recommendations on additional resources about mentoring millennials and engaging employees. And follow us on LinkedIn to have information like this delivered straight to your feed.