It’s an exciting time at The Insurance Library as the world of risk management is focused on Boston with the Risk and Insurance Management Society (RIMS) holding its annual conference here this week. We are looking forward to seeing many attendees both at the meeting site and here at The Library.
Insurance and risk management professionals are always welcome to drop by unannounced, but we encourage locals and out-of-towners alike to attend our Books & Breakfast event this Wednesday May 1.
In recognition of #RIMS2019, for this issue of Curated Content we have pulled a few articles highlighting a range of unique risks. Enjoy reviewing and let us know any time your risk and insurance information needs call for a deeper dive.
- Willis 2019’s Most Dangerous Risks For Insurers, Willis Towers Watson Wire (February 11, 2019)
- 8 Unusual Insurance Coverages, Property Casualty 360 (September 14, 2019)
- Specialty Marketplace Fills Important Coverage Gaps: Unique Risks Find a Home in the Surplus Lines Market, The Standard, 283 no.12 (December 21, 2018): 1, 8-9
- Small Niches, Big Risks, by Jeff Roberts, Best’s Review, 118 no.1 (May 1, 2017): 26-28, 30-33
- The Surplus Lines & Specialty Marketplace Defined, by Thomas DeCotis, CRIS, The Standard, 279 no.16 (November 18, 2016): 8,10
- Risky Rides: Unique Exposures for Amusement Parks, Claims 66 no.6 (June 2018): 12-14
- Managing Risk at The Happiest Place on Earth: Safety is a Top Priority for Disney Properties, by Patricia L. Harman, Claims 66 no.4 (April 2018): 21-23
- Beazley Expands Coverage for ‘Social Engineering’ Fraud Risks, by David Pilla, BestWeek Global Edition, 1 no.36 (September 4, 2017): 20-22
- Professional Suicide, by Nir Kossovsky, Risk & Insurance, 27 no.4 (May 2016): 24
- A Comfort Blanket to Cling to In Case You’re Carrying Twins, Independent (April 3, 2008)
- Filing UFO Claims Not so Alien to Some, by Paul Winston Business Insurance 38 no. 20 (May 17, 2004) 6
Don’t forget to vote on which movies you think we should show on July 18 and August 15. Today is the last day for voting. We’ll be announcing the winners at our Books & Breakfast Event May 1st so time is running out!
Follow us on LinkedIn to have information like this delivered straight to your feed.