This week is National Library week and today is National Library Workers Day. In case you haven’t seen the update on our website, The Library has added photos and brief biographies for each member of the staff. Click here to learn more about all of us.
As part of the celebration, we’d love it if you’d send us a brief message about what our Library means to you. Share your anecdotes about how we’ve helped you, what value you’ve found in The Library or what makes this Library dear to your heart. Whether it’s a memorable classroom moment, a particularly great networking event, an Insurance Professional of the Year Award Ceremony yarn, or a quagmire of research that we helped you navigate. SEND US A QUICK EMAIL ABOUT OUR LIBRARY’S VALUE TO YOU. We’ll post it to our social media with the hashtag #mylibrarymystory. Follow along on our social media so you can see all the stories! LinkedIn: @the_insurance_library Twitter: @TheInsuranceLi1 Instagram: @insurancelibrary
The first 50 people to submit stories about our Library will receive a copy of The Insurance Library’s history: 65 Years of Tradition and Change, a Library pen and an Insurance Library mug.
Come visit us at The Library during the week of April 8-12, to get an Insurance Library mug and and pen set.
Below you’ll find a list of resources in our collection and rounded up from the web on Libraries (including our own):
- P&C Insurance Thought Leaders, by Rosalie Donlon, Property Casualty 360 (January 3, 2019).
- Infusing New Ideas and Energy Into One of Boston’s Oldest Insurance Institutions, by Julia Ybarra, Agency Checklists, (March 12, 2019)
- Insurance Library Has Rich History, Exciting Future, The Standard, 284 no.2 (January 25, 2019): 20, 22
- Q&A with Insurance Library Instructors, by Paul Tetrault, JD, CPCU, ARM, AIM, The Standard, 284 no.2 (January 25, 2019): 22-24
- Historic Library Adjacent to Ground Zero Revamped: Insurance Industry Treasures Range from Books to Firemarks, by Rupal Parekh Business Insurance, 41 no.2 (January 8, 2007): 4, 27
- Retrospective: 30 Lessons Learned (and a Few Strokes of Luck) at The Crossroads by James S. Heller Law Library Journal 111 no. 1
- New Lawyers, Law Librarians are Your Friends: Tips on Working with Law Librarians to Save You Time and Money by Lisa Witt, Attorney at Work.
- The Library Book, by Susan Orlean, (2018) New York, NY: Simon & Schuster
- Special Libraries: A Survival Guide, James M. Matarazzo and Toby Pearlstein, (2013) Santa Barbara, CA: Libraries Unlimited
- The Creation and Development of an Insurance Library, by Daniel N. Handy, (1941) New York, NY: Special Libraries Association
- The First Sixty Years The Story of The Insurance Library Association of Boston, by Daniel N. Handy, (1941) Boston, MA
- Sixty-Five Years of Tradition and Change by Jean E. Lucey and Frederick N. Nowell, III, (2015) Boston, MA