The increased pace of technological advancement and some distinct examples of radical disruption led to a recent period of intense scrutiny/activity/focus on innovation during which many (all?) market incumbents felt the need to engage in peer comparisons to ensure they were not in imminent threat of being left behind. A Delloitte white paper, InsurTech Entering its Second Wave, contends that “even though startup activity in insurance has slowed, InsurTech will continue to play a major role in shaping the future of the industry.”
According to a recent edition of Sigma, Swiss Re “expect[s] China to be the largest insurance market in the world by the mid-2030s.” This prediction is in part because “emerging markets are well suited for the adoption of new technology, as they are generally more agile.” Below you’ll find a list of resources from our collection which will provide you with information on the market, emerging regulation and the future of InsurTech.
- Special Issue on InsurTech Best’s Review, 120, no. 3 (March 2019)
- Insurtech Addresses Industry’s Toughest Risks, Risk & Insurance, 29 no.11 (November 2018): 44, 46
- Navigating the Ever Expanding Insurtech Universe by Eric T. Sondergeld, ASA, CFA, LIMRA MarketFacts, no.1 (2019): 49, 59
- Allure of Maturing Ideas Fuels Insuretech’s “Second Wave,” Auto Insurance Reoprt, 26 no.1 (October 15, 2018): 1-3
- Potential Partnership Pitfall: Not All InsurTech Allegiances are Created Equal Especially When it Comes to Regulatory Compliance by Brian Harrigan and Steven Imber, National Underwriter Property Casualty, 123 no.2 (February 2019): 36-37
- Regtech Revolution, by Lindsay Robison, IN Magazine (Winter 2018): 20-21
- Insurance Regulators Balance Enabling Innovation with Protecting Consumers, The Standard, 284 no. 3 (February 8, 2019): 1, 8-9
- Legal Trends Impacting Insurance in 2019: Cyber, Fraud, Insurtech and Analytics are Four Key Areas Where Regulation Could Have an Impact by Autumn Heisler, Risk & Insurance, 30 no.1 (February 2019): 8
Insurance Journal has had several podcasts with a focus on Insurtech, including a new one posted today!
Of course, a list of the latest thinking on Insurtech would not be complete without mention of The End of Insurance As We Know It: How Millennials, Insurtech and Venture Capital will Disrupt the Ecosystem by Rob Galbraith. Join us next Monday, March 25th for a Book Launch where you can MEET the author! Click here to register.
Contact us for recommendations on additional resources about InsurTech. And follow us on LinkedIn to have information like this delivered straight to your feed.