The increased pace of technological advancement and some distinct examples of radical disruption led to a recent period of intense scrutiny/activity/focus on innovation during which many (all?) market incumbents felt the need to engage in peer comparisons to ensure they were not in imminent threat of being left behind. A Delloitte white paper, InsurTech Entering its Second Wave, contends that “even though startup activity in insurance has slowed, InsurTech will continue to play a major role in shaping the future of the industry.”
According to a recent edition of Sigma, Swiss Re “expect[s] China to be the largest insurance market in the world by the mid-2030s.” This prediction is in part because “emerging markets are well suited for the adoption of new technology, as they are generally more agile.” Below you’ll find a list of resources from our collection which will provide you with information on the market, emerging regulation and the future of InsurTech.
- Special Issue on InsurTech Best’s Review, 120, no. 3 (March 2019)
- Insurtech Addresses Industry’s Toughest Risks, Risk & Insurance, 29 no.11 (November 2018): 44, 46
- Navigating the Ever Expanding Insurtech Universe by Eric T. Sondergeld, ASA, CFA, LIMRA MarketFacts, no.1 (2019): 49, 59
- Allure of Maturing Ideas Fuels Insuretech’s “Second Wave,” Auto Insurance Reoprt, 26 no.1 (October 15, 2018): 1-3
- Potential Partnership Pitfall: Not All InsurTech Allegiances are Created Equal Especially When it Comes to Regulatory Compliance by Brian Harrigan and Steven Imber, National Underwriter Property Casualty, 123 no.2 (February 2019): 36-37
- Regtech Revolution, by Lindsay Robison, IN Magazine (Winter 2018): 20-21
- Insurance Regulators Balance Enabling Innovation with Protecting Consumers, The Standard, 284 no. 3 (February 8, 2019): 1, 8-9
- Legal Trends Impacting Insurance in 2019: Cyber, Fraud, Insurtech and Analytics are Four Key Areas Where Regulation Could Have an Impact by Autumn Heisler, Risk & Insurance, 30 no.1 (February 2019): 8
Of course, a list of the latest thinking on Insurtech would not be complete without mention of The End of Insurance As We Know It: How Millennials, Insurtech and Venture Capital will Disrupt the Ecosystem by Rob Galbraith. Join us next Monday, March 25th for a Book Launch where you can MEET the author! Click here to register.